March 10, 2010

Ow. Headache.

For the past month or so, I've been getting some pretty bad headaches. I think it's mostly computer strain because my eyes start watering and my head starts pounding at about the same time, and that's usually after I've been staring at my laptop all day.

So, the headache hit me. Closed my eyes, felt better.

Then, the picture of someone I used to know suddenly and randomly burst into my mind. A hearty laugh, a crooked toothy smile, a crinkled nose, mischievous eyes of a person that no longer exists. Clear as day, in my mind's eye.

Like the boy in The Alchemist who sees a split second of the future while watching the diving fight of desert hawks, in the momentary silence of a shattering headache, I had a vision.. of a smile I once used to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment