June 9, 2008

To the Time Killatorium!

Midterm tomorrow morning. Meh. Did some studying but mostly spent today in hardy procrastination. It's hard to be motivated when your grade carries no relevance to life, except having the power to either boost or wound your ego, but since I possess very small quantities of pride anyway, that's not such a big deal either way.

Something smells funny. Hmm. Could be me. I haven't gotten out of my PJs in, umm, 28 hours. Yes, it's probably me.

In other news, I have developed a bizarre Internet gut instinct. I get the feeling that something intangible has changed in my online 'trackings', even before I know for a fact if it has. I know when I have important email even before I open my inbox. I know that the blogs I follow have been updated before I see them in my iGoogle RSS feed. I know that the xinugeist visitor counter has spiked and people have been reading it, even before I check.

It's kind of spooky and I don't know why this is happening. I used to feel this way about my cellphone a long time ago - I knew when the phone would ring and who it would be, even before it rang. Nobody calls me anymore so that ability eventually died away, but it seems that the animal instinct has channeled itself into another form of 'survivalist' skill.

Hmm. I don't believe that we descended from apes, but we are clearly evolutionary creatures. Cool. Word to my fellow homosapiens (did I use that right??).

Alright, enough putzing around trying to avoid sleep and disturbing dreams. I shall turn in now.

G'nite, world.

2 comments:

  1. J.K.Rowling gave the Harvard 2008 Graduation Speech - You can read, hear, or watch it here: http://harvardmagazine.com/go/jkrowling.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but how is that relevant to the blog post? Don't spam!

    ReplyDelete