You know it's hot when your just-out-of-the-shower wet hair is 90% dry in the three minutes it takes for you to run from your apartment to the train station.
Of course, your shower is meaningless by the end of those three minutes because you're a sweaty pig by then, but that's besides the point.
It's hot, people. Scorchingly so. I might need to break out the Fair & Lovely at this rate.(*)
Funny things happened today. As I sat down in the train, I noticed that someone had dropped an iPod Nano on the floor. It was in a velvety black case, so I picked it up and opened it.. it was a red one, like mine (oh yeah, I replaced the Mini - rest in peace, Poddina) and strangely it was still playing a song (I think it was a band called The Happening?) which is odd considering the iPod stops when headphones are yanked out of it accidentally. More importantly, how did the person who lost it not know it had dropped when the music stopped playing in their ears? Tres bizarre. Of course, I turned it into the Lost & Found at North Station, hope the rightful owner gets it back.
Then, I was walking behind a guy who dropped a quarter. And then he dropped a penny. I picked up both, tapped him on the shoulder, and returned them. I figured that keeping that penny wasn't really going to bring me the kind of good luck I needed, so I should do the honest thing and not rob a man of his $0.26.
So those were my two acts of kindness for the day. That's me: always the finder, never the keeper.
Midterm was alright. I got there late (damn you Green line) so I was pretty flustered to begin with, and then I totally didn't pace myself, so it ended up starting great and then ending a little disastrously. Plus my back was (and still is) killing me from lugging my laptop around and I couldn't concentrate. Meh. C'est la vie.
The good news is that I'm seeing Landon Pigg live tomorrow! It's at a really tiny venue called Club Passim in Harvard Square (which also serves the most amazing veggie pizzas, as I learned first-hand on Sunday), so it should be pretty intimate, up-close and personal. Super excited.
Umm, that is all. For now.
(*) FYI: there is no Wikipedia entry for Fair & Lovely. Who thinks I should create one?
June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment