June 9, 2008

Your Friendly, Neighborhood Faux Pas

So I was channel surfing and found Spider-man 2 playing on FX. Couldn't remember which one that was, so I clicked the information button and read:

"Peter Parker fights a man who has mechanical testicles."

WAIT. WHA.. !?!?

Oh.

You mean TENTACLES.

Talk about mental Freudian slip, eh?

Incidentally, the movie was at its climax (ha ha) when Spidey is saving MJ from Doctor Octopus. He's holding up this huge metal girder so that it doesn't fall on her and kill her, it's very heavy, he's sweating bullets and dying under the strain, they could all be crushed to a million pieces... and this is what he says:

"I didn't mean what I said earlier."

And MJ, all teary-eyed and smiley, says "So you do love me?"

And Spidey, who can barely breathe under the weight of steel pylons and is clearly dying, grunts, "Uh huh."

And MJ, who is totally clueless and oblivious to the situation continues in her soppy voice, "Even when you said you didn't?"

Ugh. Seriously woman, I know it's great when the guy actually admits to feeling emotion when he's been acting like a prick, but is this really the time? Somebody get me a trash can. Imagonna hurl.

No comments:

Post a Comment