Yet again, I am faced with the beginning of a new Wednesday. Damn Wednesdays. Actually, I don't know if the curse of the Wednesday holds anymore, considering that I've now added Thursdays to the list of evil days too. Damn Thursdays. Bah.
Anyhoo.. thanks to those of you who voted in the poll. It is now closed and the results have been rather interesting to compute because I already knew who I would pick as my ideal TV date, and wanted to see what the aam janta would think and if you guys are really friends who know me. Yes, it was all a cruel experiment! Muhahaha.
So, let's dissect this a little and see who 'won' the poll shall we?
First up, Jean-Luc Picard. Ok guys, you're right. He didn't deserve a single vote. I feel bad for him, but it's probably true, I'd never really date the man. I admire him for his mad leadership skills and the authoritative way he wiggles his hand when he says "Engage!" (it inspires complete confidence, seriously). I don't even mind the baldness so much, and the British accent is always a plus.. but I think I'd like to work for him, have him as my boss perhaps, but not a date. Sadly, I am a bit of an ageist when it comes to these things, and the senior-citizen thing did it for me. Glad y'all agreed.
Up next, Sam Seaborn, who got just one vote. It's sad, but true - I wouldn't date the guy. Again, I admire him for his idealism, spirit, articulateness and (how can we forget?) awesome good looks.. but I think I'd like Sam for a boss, a mentor, maybe even an older brother, but not necessarily a date. He's the kind of person I'd like to ideally be myself, but is it wise to date people who inspire awe, admiration and respect, but not accessibility, love and friendship? Probably not.
And then there were two. It all comes down to Petrelli vs. Dorian.
Aah, I can see why these two had to battle it out for the win. Save-The-World-Hottie vs. Good-Hearted-Funny-Dork? It's a seemingly impossible choice, knowing just how much I love superpowers AND stupidity. Not to mention, both are in medicine (don't forget, Peter was a nurse before he decided to become professional superhero) so my parents would probably approve of both.
But here's the truth: Peter may have the Italian good looks, the sensitive manliness, the superpowers and save-the-world complex going for him (which are all extremely desirable, trust me) but at the end of the day I like a guy with a sense of humor, and I don't think Peter's even cracked a joke in two seasons of Heroes.
So the winner, my perfect TV date, really would be JD - he's funny and random, but warm and sincere. He'd be a really good friend, someone you can talk to, someone who sticks by you through the rough times, and makes you laugh. Also, he comes with a personal monologue which is very heartening, because until this show, I thought I was the only one who talked to herself in her head, but clearly I am not alone. So we would be able to connect on a bizarre-daydream and constant-monologue level very well.
So those of you smart people who voted for JD, pat yourselves on the back. You won the poll, and can be proud of the fact that you know me well. As a prize, you can ask me for any one wish and it shall be granted :D (*)
As for the rest of you, has this blog taught you nothing? Do you want me to revoke your reading privileges? Ok Ok, I'm kidding. Settle down.
Alright, I must go do homework now. Yes, the BU class started yesterday and it was great. I'm so glad I signed up for it. It'll keep me busy for a few weeks, and God knows I need to stay distracted. An empty mind is a devil's workshop, after all.
Ciao folks.
(*) Offer lasts until Thursday May 22nd, 11:59PM EST. You must identify yourself as a person who voted for JD via comment, email, IM, SMS, or phone in order to claim your prize. Prize value cannot exceed $10 USD and Standard Genie Rules apply, i.e. I can't kill anybody, can't make anyone come back from the dead, and I can't make anyone fall in love with you. I also reserve the right to come up with more disclaimers later on to preclude me from giving you a prize I don't think you deserve.

No comments:
Post a Comment