It's official: David Cook is the new American Idol!A total of NINETY-SEVEN AND A HALF million votes were cast last night (including five from me!), and he won by TWELVE million votes. That's a lot man, no matter how you slice it.
I have to admit, though, I am stunned by the result. Cook totally deserved to win, of course, but I didn't think he actually would. His performances last night weren't quite up to his own standard, and the judges said so. In comparison, David Archuleta did a really good job, and given his cutesy appeal among young girls, I was fairly certain Archie would win. Just goes to show that the voters are not necessarily swayed by the judges and people have decided to really use their vote after the Season 5 Daughtry debacle.
Either way, very well-deserved for Cook. I am quite happy with all this :)

No comments:
Post a Comment