Is there such a thing as a shopping coma? If so, I think I may be in one.
Today I spent five (yes, five) hours at the outlet mall, and I dropped a godawful amount of money at ten (yes, ten) different stores, indulging in a way that I never have before. Those who know me well are aware of just how little I spend on myself. But today, I was like an uncorked bottle of champagne, fizzing around, leaping from store to store and whipping out that credit card like my life depended on it.
I suppose I shouldn't feel too guilty - after all, we were just doing our part in stimulating the economy, just as President Bush wanted right? (come to think of it, we didn't even spend half of what we got in the stimulus rebate, so I suppose it wasn't so bad).
Anyway, shopping included: four shirts, two skirts, one pair of pants, one pair of earrings, one funky blue necklace, one bag, salon hair-care products, and.. (wait for it)..
FOUR pairs of shoes.
Yes. *I* bought shoes. And not just one or two pairs, people. FOUR pairs of shoes. Yes. Me. Shoes. It's insane. I went into Naturalizer, Nine West, Easy Spirit.. and came out with way more than my usual scowl. I bought shoes. And I liked it. I liked the shoes I saw, and I liked the experience of buying shoes.
God help us. I'm becoming a girly-girl.
Not surprisingly, much of what I purchased was chartreuse in color, including the bag and a pair of shoes (yup - green shoes, people). I am quite obsessed with this shade of green now, which is odd considering I've avoided green for most of my adult life (you would too if you wore it every day for twelve years as part of your horrendous school uniform). But then again, I'm also becoming rather obsessed with raspberry/burgundy. Hmm. It appears I may be turning into a watermelon.
Anyway, it's late at night and I have stacks of reading to do for my class tomorrow morning so I shall hit the books now. I might indulge in some late-night chocolate... although I'm still pretty stuffed from the Super Fennel crepe at Mr. Crepe this afternoon, and the Shumai/Chilli Shrimp dinner at Sugar & Spice. Not to mention, I think I'm still digesting the Toblerone I inhaled this morning for breakfast. *burp*
Yes sirree. Who needs real therapy when you've got chocolate and shoes?
PS: Indiana Jones was a total let-down. Bah.
May 26, 2008
This One's About:
Food,
Weekend Recap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ahem...clarks was all me, and swaroski was gift shopping - so you only went nuts in EIGHT stores, not ten. But almost half of them were shoe stores - do we now have to pick between getting a bookcase and a shoe rack :-) ?
ReplyDeleteno point, we don't have room for either :P
ReplyDelete