May 5, 2008

Water, water everywhere.. and not a drop to drink.

I am an idealistic defeatist.

This means that I want and dream and hope for perfection, for the day that my cup runneth over. But deep down inside, I don't believe that it will actually ever happen to me. Maybe it's because I feel I don't deserve it, but I sabotage my own chances at happiness. And since I am convinced that the oasis I see in front of me is only a mirage, I don't expect to ever get anything other than a half-empty glass of desert sand. So my life is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy of manufactured disappointments.

There, I said it. Do I still need a shrink?

6 comments:

  1. Yep. More like a motivational coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! Coaches smoaches. All I need is a stiff drink and a one-way ticket to the top of a Himalayan mountain where there are no humans to ever interact with. That should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, motivational coaches are full of fluff-shit. I talked to one a few times because I was enrolled in this 'healthy living' course at work (to be honest, I only enrolled because at the end of 8 weeks, you got a free iPod nano and I wanted to gift it to my sister) and she was generally quite pointless. Now if I can get me a shrink like, say, Billy Crystal in Analyze This.. or Meryl Streep in Prime.. that would be fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete