April 24, 2008

Verdant World

Have I been asleep for the past few weeks? Because today I looked up and suddenly realized that the city is green again. Trees are bursting with chartreuse baby leaves, and huge white/pink flowers (possibly magnolias) are in bloom.

I love trees when they're this version of green: so fresh and spring-like. Soon, their color will deepen and become the richer foliage of summer, but right now everything seems young and ripe, holding the promise of good things to come. If only it would last forever.

Wonder how one should celebrate the advent of spring. Perhaps will make a trip to Kimball Farm this weekend... yes, ice cream, mini-golf and bumper boating seems like a nice way to greet the warm weather :) Who wants to come with?

Also, try saying Verdant World over and over at superfast speed. It's guaranteed to make you mix up your V's and W's (unless you do that already - in which case this is a pointless exercise and you are clearly a die-hard FOB).

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment