December 22, 2004

Bridal Blog - Day Eleven (I think)

Ungh?

The last week has been a blur. Between daily trips to and around Meena Bazar, Dream Girl Tailors, Gold Souk, Gold Center, the Fairmont, the Millennium, the salons and constant tantrums being thrown by Nikhat about how unfair it is that I should have to leave my home and get married to anyone at all (sibling possessiveness at its maddest), this wedding has turned my brain into mush, exhausted my body, and created dark circles under my eyes.

Thankfully, almost everything is done now. All siblings are on the ground and the two cars help. The lists are getting shorter and since the pencils have gone blunt writing them and we can't find sharpeners, we've shifted to green pens now.

Papa's entry in the cellphone has been changed and now when he calls, it flashes "THE BABUL".

Can't say much about the state of mind/heart at this time as no time to ponder. Met Sarwar very briefly in the car yesterday for the first time since coming to Dubai when Papa picked me from some place and dropped him some place. It was quite odd to see him. I know I'm preparing for this wedding thing in order to get married to *him*, but since he has been reduced to a coughing voice on the phone (bad flu) with which I share two hurried conversations a day, it was rather bizarre to see him properly, in the flesh. It was like, "Oh. So this is who I'm marrying. Where's the zit on the forehead I left him with?" Tres bizarre.

PS: He didn't even notice my newly shaped and threaded eyebrows (no more Fuzzy and Wuzzy!!). Hmpft.

So in general, I'm hungry a lot, my skin is getting darker by being in the sun all the time, and at every corner, money seems to be being flowing out of our wallets. Due to family tensions, I have not seen most cousins and uncles/aunts, and arguments about who can visit and who cannot are all-consuming at all times.

That's about it for now. Today is a slower day than most since I actually can stay indoors while Papa roughs it out there getting things done. Looking forward to a day of vegging in front of B4U and packing away the suitcase for post-rukhsati stay at the sasuraal.

Is this normal?

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly normal. When it's the night before you'll want to elope. You'll be fine. Veg as much as you can... :) stay sane also

    ReplyDelete