August 28, 2008

Songs of the Week

Current Mood: Brave!
Current Three Songs on Repeat:

1) I'll Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab for Cutie)
Why: Just listen to this song and you'll know why. It's incredibly sweet and sad at the same time. What I fail to understand is how I haven't heard this music before. Have I been living under a rock my whole life? I am shocked by my own... illiteracy. Gah.



2) Bend and Break (Keane)
Why: No particular reason. Love the music, the lyrics, the vocals.. especially the part where the chorus builds up into a bit of a crescendo. It's one of those songs that you want to shout out loud from rooftops (or, perhaps, in a concert hall, where I suppose it would be more acceptable behavior).

Oddly enough, some people refer to Keane as the new Coldplay even though it was Tim Rice-Oxley of Keane who originally came up with the name Coldplay for his own band. But he found the name 'too depressing', so he eventually donated it to Chris Martin who went on to form the band we now know as Coldplay (they were all buddies at UCL apparently). So, technically, Keane is the original Coldplay. Cool eh? Anyhoos, enjoy the song.



3) The Blower's Daughter (Damien Rice)
Why: Heard this track a few years ago on the OST of Closer and rediscovered it many weeks back. I need just one word to describe this song: exquisite.

No comments:

Post a Comment