August 27, 2008

And thus does conscience make cowards of us all...

You know what grinds my gears?

THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH MUSIC IN THE WORLD... AND NOT ENOUGH TIME TO KNOW IT ALL AT ONCE.

And not just Music!

Poetry! Knowledge! Drama!
Pain! Wit! Wisdom!
Beauty! Perspective!

I want it all!

But there's just not enough damn TIME. Or inspiration. Or guidance.

Is there anyone out there who can teach me all I need to know by simply willing all this into my brain? A program that can be downloaded into my mind, a la The Matrix?

Ah, but there's the rub. Ambition is thwarted, yet again, by cowardice, impatience and, that queen of vice, sloth.

Seriously. It's a miracle we even wake up every morning, but an even bigger travesty that we turn in each night, without being even an ounce heavier in wisdom than we were when the sun rose.

Is life nothing but a series of wasted moments and missed opportunities? Is it justice to squander away our time simply by sighing for more of it, and achieving nothing while it passes? Are we doomed to settle for a phlegmatic existence simply because anything more would be too much?

I AM TOO SMALL TO BE THINKING ABOUT SUCH THINGS.

So I shall go play with my toys now. Byebye.

No comments:

Post a Comment