Yes it's the first of May. Supposedly that means that spring has definitely arrived, but that's obviously not the case here in Massachusetts since the weatherman last night said that we'd have frost on the ground today. Yippee.
Also, doesn't "Happy May Day" sound like a total contradiction? "May Day" is a cry for help, an announcement of a bad emergency. How can that be happy?
Farhat used to work at the Accident & Emergency department in Mayday Hospital in Croydon. Ha. How apt was that?
May Day is also LaboUr Day in the rest of the world. All I know is this means that people get a day off in the UK and Pakistan (not sure about India). But the UK gets LaboUr Days, like, 8 times a year. So how is this special?
There is the May Day Maypole Dance (I think that's what it's called?) where there's a big pole stuck in the ground (much like the eyesore in front of P&T's apartment) with many colored ribbons tied to it. Girls hold on to one ribbon each, and then (to music) dance around the pole in choreographed steps so that the colors are all weaved together to create a nice umbrella effect. Why do I know this? Because our completely wretched P.E. teacher Mrs. Kapoor made us do a Maypole dance once on a Sports Day. Don't ask me why, but at least it was more relevant to sports than the bhangra she once made us do.. or the time we did the *shudder* Arabic hair shaking dance (the boys did a corresponding Arabic stick shaking dance that year).
Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I'm going to start taking belly-dancing lessons. I've always wanted to, and now I have the time. Should look that up.
Did anyone notice that April 2008 saw a record number of blog-posts for any month in the history of the xinugeist? Yep. Clearly I was in hyper-drive last month. And the number of posts? 69 dudes!!!!! (oh come on, don't tell me the Bill & Ted reference was lost on you lot?)
Seriously, though, this is bad news. I'm clearly over-expressing myself. I'll work on it, I promise. I'm going on a .. a.. blog diet. I will overcome this debilitating problem. Really, I will.
That is all (for a while!).
May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment