October 30, 2007

Things On My Mind

1) However much she may have thought him to be so, why did JK Rowling have to out Dumbledore? Doesn't she realize the uncomfortable analogy of an old, sensitive man that plays a more-than-mentor role to a vulnerable, young boy in a crusade against evil? (I'm talking about the Catholic church people). Sure, he felt love was important and wore flamboyant purple robes in his youth. But he was a powerful wizard who accidentally killed his sister for God's sake - he's bound to be gentle and dress funny!

2) Hajj is only a few weeks away. Will God accept my penitence? Will I have the sabr to be able to fulfill the pilgrimage in a fashion that merits washing away all my sins and letting me emerge as a new-born baby? Yeah, you can tell I'm cracking under the pressure of self-expectation.

3) Just 'cos the Red Sox won doesn't make Baseball a real sport. Four men running around in circles isn't sport. It's four men running around in circles.

4) Jab We Met was great.

5) My iPod mini has officially died. Considering getting an iPhone (more like, Sarwar is insisting I get one) but am reluctant to spend $399 and change to AT&T. Not that T-Mobile is out of this world, but I'm sort of used to it. Nyeh.

6) Blackberries are useless. Especially when they're too big to fit in the palm of your hand and you drop them all the time. And especially when your job is so useless, you don't even get much email.

7) Really need to get to grad school next year.

8) Or should I have a baby instead?

9) Or save up enough to put a downpayment on a house?

10) My friend Shereen met Shahrukh Khan in London for an interview for her magazine. We watched Jab We Met and lots of Zee TV this weekend. Told my dad that when he goes to Mumbai this time he better get me that movie contract we've been talking about for, hmm, 20 years. Sometimes Bollywood seems so close, like dreams could actually come true. And then you wake up on Monday morning and realize that the only thing you can look forward to on Monday night is a rubbishy episode of Heroes and a decent episode of Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment