July 11, 2007

Great News!

I am finally employed!!

I received an offer yesterday from MPG and accepted it today and I start work next Monday! WAHOO!

Icing on the cake is that they're paying me a lot more than I expected.. or maybe my expectations were too low.. but either way, it's a fantastic opportunity and I am relieved and excited and grateful and nervous as all hell.

Funny I should get the offer just when I had resigned myself and gotten kinda used to unemployment. Hmm. Darn, I'll miss the empty afternoons of reading Harry Potter and drinking chai.

Other good news is that we are, inshaAllah, 99% going for Hajj this year. 1% uncertainty remains because we haven't actually booked the package/received the visa/bought the tickets yet. But niyyat has been made, package has pretty much been picked and working out my December-long leave has been put into action.

So much to be thankful for. Oopar vaala deta hai toh chappar phaad ke deta hai :)

3 comments: