June 8, 2007

Losing her Sparkle?

Despite my obsession with American Idol, I conveniently forgot to blog about the finale! The winner, as everyone knows by now, was my long-time favorite Jordin Sparks who beat out beat-boxer Blake Lewis by sheer force of lung power.



However, it seems that Blake might do a Clay Aiken and outshine her even though he came out #2.. if the current charts are any indicator.

Apparently Blake Lewis is #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 with his cover of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name", and Jordin Sparks is playing catch-up at #25 with her new single "This Is My Now".

Hmm. I sound like Ryan Seacrest on E! News. Or Casey Kasem.

Anyhoo I still thought this was worthy of a remark on a blogpost, but now I'm not so sure why...

4 comments:

  1. I like Blake's version of You give love a bad name. Jordin just fit the mold of "awww". Overall, nobody wants to admit that this was the Sanjaya show and not anything else. I mean, really, except Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood; which other idol has done well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt this was his show, but the Sanjaya madness *will* eventually fade.. because he simply cannot sing and no one will sign him after the Idols tour (which my husband insists on attending - he also plans on going as Sanjaya this Halloween) :P

    But I think both Jordin and Blake have the potential to make a lasting mark on the music industry.. Jordin cos she has the voice, and Blake because he's cool and there's a strong trend of the runners-up doing well.. Kat McPhee, Clay Aiken etc. Let's see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband wants to go to the idol tour and go as Sanjaya??!?!


    This *is* your husband we're talking about right? Wow. That's new :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why so surprised? Sarwar is quite the loony toon :P

    ReplyDelete