Get it? Get it? Hmpft, no one respects my SOH.
Well, happy new year everyone! Hope it was happy. I rang in mine driving around suburban Boston, exhausted and hungry after a 3 hour flight from Atlanta, looking for a Mickey D's which is, incidentally, like looking for a needle in a haystack when you're in Boston.
Yes - the last thing I ate in 2006 was a Filet-o-Fish. I hope that means 2007 will be healthier. I sure could lose, like, uhh, 25 lbs after the last two weeks of total indulgence. Hopefully the gym at the new apartment, which we move into tomorrow, will actually get used and yield results.
So, what have we been up to lately? Here's a quick summary:
Moved from Chicago to Boston
Visited NYC for 2 days
Watched 'Phantom of the Opera', The 40 Year Old Virgin, The Good Shepherd, Blood Diamond and Night at the Museum (more on some of these later)
Ate out enough times that now I don't have an answer to the question 'So what are you in the mood for?'
Got a $85 manicure and pedicure that fell apart 3 days later
Went thru the whole of Tiffany's and couldn't find a single affordable thing to buy
Hired 5 rental cars in 4 cities
Attended a Paki wedding in Atlanta chock full of tres interesting in-laws
Read 'Abraham' about Prophet Ibrahim and 'The Time Traveler's Wife'
Ate lots of Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies and Werther's candies
Hmm, in retrospect it sounds like a lot of fun. Which it was. But it was also very very tiring.
Going to bed now, more thoughts on Phantom (fantastic!) and Blood Diamond (horrifying!) later.
January 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey I really liked Time Traveller's wife, what did you think of it? Oh btw, it seems we had a cellular incident about the same time! Post thumbs up or down on movies... Hope you had fun everywhere :)
ReplyDeleteI really liked the book, so my more recent post for thoughts.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I thought the same thing when I read about your cellphone lockout too! At least you got it back in one piece :)
Hope you're enjoying the new home!!