The last few days I have been wondering about what I want to do with my life. Now that I have been promoted, its hard to find something to gripe about or challenge myself towards. I am considering a couple of options but I don't want to balance more than two things at once because then I won't do justice to what I choose to pursue, and won't really enjoy them either.
So here are the things I want to do in the next 2 years:
-Stay at current job for another year
-Get master's degree in Medill's IMC program by studying full-time for 15 months (will need money for this)
-Go to India to explore working in advertising there, and/or becoming famous in the movie/music biz (will need Vishal for this)
-Work in India for a year (will need to wait for husband to get American citizenship for this, and also get him to agree to go there!)
-Have a kid soon (will need to be doing nothing else for this)
How to do all this? How to lay it all out on my life's flowchart? How to balance needs with wants, savings with splurging, family with career? The eternal challenge of the modern woman. Sigh.
June 4, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment