May 14, 2006

What? No comments on my teaser? People people, you disappoint me.

Well anyway here's what the BIG DEAL was (in retrospect, not so much of a deal).

I had a one of those mornings on 5/11.. yknow when everything that can go wrong, does go wrong? Spent lots of time blowdrying hair, and turned out it was raining and my hair turned to frizz like the 80s were back...

Almost got run over on the walk to the train station as I balanced an umbrella in gusty wind, a phone with a much ignored friend on the line, and a bulging purse with pizza in a sandwich box that I decided to take for lunch (and then forgot to have)...

Got to the train station, and couldn't close my umbrella for about 10mins so hung up with my friend, tied the unclosed umbrella, and tried to go thru the turnstile with my CTA monthly pass to discover it had ran out the day before and the new card was sitting in my cube.. and my spare card had $1.90 on it instead of $2.00.. so finally put 10c into the card, and got to the platform to find the train leaving..

10mins later, another train finally showed up and then... SAT AT THE STATION for another 10mins...

(BTW has anyone else noticed how whenever you're waiting for a train, bus or cab and want to go in Direction A, you'll have multiple vehicles going in Direction B, but nothing you need will show up forever?)

Anyway by the time I got to the office it was 9:35am and I was late but thankfully no one noticed.

Besides that, it has been a manic week and my inlaws arrive tomorrow for a two month visit and our main client presentation is due June 1 so its only going to get busier. Not to mention my cough is getting crazy and I owe three friends creative input on stuff: an essay, a track and a VC pitch. And I haven't done anything. Aargh. So much to do, so little of me.

Ok, time to go cook in large quantities to feed the growing number of people at 2165 North Bell.

PS: West Wing finale in 30mins - sniff.

1 comment:

  1. Its called Murphy's law: anything that can go wring will go wrong...

    ReplyDelete