January 26, 2005

Happy *bleep* Day!

Happy Republic Day to all Indians celebrating 50 odd years of the Indian constitution that allows film stars to roam free after running over and killing street sleepers while under the influence of alcohol, and also happily provides the streets as homes and beds for those too unfortunate to have bread to eat!

Happy Birthday to my father's, cousin's, wife - an aunty whom I don't know very well except that my Mum doesn't like her, but she sang quite happily at my wedding celebrations!

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to a couple (you know who you are) that are very happy together, but still aren't married, so get off your butts and do something about it will you?

Happy Birthday to my sister's friend who I have never met, but have heard a lot about since he is an eccentric Eton and LSE educated Indian with the most distinguished aristocratic accent, a village named after him (or vice versa?) and a startlingly Roman nose, who is serving as an MP in Kanpur now, under the guidance of Sonia Gandhi, with either a book or a film coming out.

Isn't it a wonderful day to celebrate? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe.. Yusuf went to Stowe not Eton, and he's now Chairman of the Policy and Planning Commission of the Congress I, aid to Sonia Gandhi and his book deal's been shoved by Penguin but he had talks the other day with Harper Collins..so I can't wait to get his book! :D I think he's named after the jageer..Yusupur..

    ..and.. tanky :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..and it was Mubashar Ahmed's birthday as well. :D

    ReplyDelete