September 29, 2008

State of the Xinu

Tired. Very, very tired.

My left shoulder is dead from lugging around multiple hard cover books and my laptop.

My hair is dead from lack of love and hair product (no time for love, sniff).

My skin is dead (or alternatively, has come alive as mutant monsters do, for I have sprung a forest of zits).. I'll blame stress and/or hormonal imbalances.

And I am, slowly but surely, dying too. Sigh. Although, I suppose everybody is so I'll shut up about that now.

Oh you know what else I'm dying for? FRIDAY. Um, but then again, I'm sort of wishing it wouldn't come either. Here's the deal..

Pros of Friday coming soon:
  • This week from hell, which includes three major assignments and stacks of reading, will be over. Hallelujah.
  • Ramadan will be over (woohoo, Eid is on Wednesday folks)
Cons of Friday coming soon:
  • I'm going to have to start packing and moving.
  • I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I'm leaving Waltham.. which, for all that I crib about, has been a wonderful home and town to live in. I'm going to miss my building.. and my concierge.. and the covered parking.. and my RIVER! And the ducks! And the swan who swims with the ducks... dammit I might just end up missing the commuter rail. Man, I'm a sucker for routine.
Saw a kid on the T today who was wearing new Gap jeans. How do I know this? He forgot to take off the long, rectangular size sticker from the back of his leg. I was amused and did not point it out to him. Heehee.

Also, in general, I must say that there are way too many blind people in Boston. You won't see any homeless people, barely any Blacks or Hispanics.. but the no-sighted are everywhere. It makes me sad.

In other news, I am in love with DuPont. Just finished reading a (very long) case study about how they've been managing their brand for the last, um, 200 years and I think they are awesome. Finally, a reason to be proud of Delaware.

Also, I have decided to pitch my new product idea to them (or any other industrial sciences company that will listen): the Pen-Lighter. What is the Pen-Lighter you ask? Well, it's a writing instrument that is a highlighter on one side and a pen on the other. Because anyone who has ever tried to study on the train knows how hard it is to manage switching between both types of pens to make notes. Clever eh? The pens could even be clip-able so that you can swap colors and click them together to make your own customized pen! Whaddya say? It boggles the mind that nobody has thought of this yet.

Alright, back to the grind.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know you, but i feel compelled to show you this
    http://www.amazon.com/BIC-DUO-Ball-Pen-Highlighter/dp/B000F2PEA4

    ReplyDelete
  2. good find, brownie batter! but i still think my idea is better cos, yeah, sure it's a combination pen but it's not one pen with two types of inks/nibs on TWO ENDS of the same pen is it? and its not clippable! plus the pen nib is inside a tube-shaped highlighter nib, which suggests the highlighter would not be very effective.. you sort of need a triangular nib to press down and make a clean line when highlighting.. you know?

    yes, yes.. i know this is a strangely involved conversation about writing instruments but it *is* my lifelong dream to have a stationery shop so i think deeply about this stuff :D

    anyway, it's ok that we don't know each other, thanks for stopping by anyway :) how did you find me anyhow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading all that makes me tired.

    *yawn*

    ReplyDelete