Today was a strange day for music.
I spent the first half of the day drinking in, absorbing, living and breathing my new musical obsession - alternative indie rock (at least that's what I've decided to call it). Travis, Keane, Weezer, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie... all that heartbreakingly good stuff that I discovered a few months ago, and which Pandora has helped fuel into a bit of an addiction.
Then, I dug out and dusted off the ol' Fender and, using the notes from one guitar lesson I attended seven years ago, tried to pretend like I could someday learn to play a few chords.. and failed miserably. Anyone wanna buy a mint-condition acoustic Fender off me? *sigh*
And then I caught up on multiple episodes of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009 which were clogging up the DVR and spent four hours thanking God for Himesh Reshammiya and songs like 'Hawa Hawaii'.
My own range of musical interests confuses me. Am I cool or not? :/
August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment