July 23, 2008

Move over, Shahid.

I'm in love.. with James McAvoy.

Yes, I must confess, I am completely, utterly, totally smitten by the world's most charming Scotsman.

Now, come on, can you blame me? He's clearly executed a crafty plot from the very beginning..

First, he appeals to my sense of cute and cuddly by being an adorable Mr. Tumnus, who, after Aslan, has always been my most favorite character in Narnia;








Then, he shows up as the sexy farm hand-next-door, cum gentleman, cum virile army officer in Atonement;









And then, in Becoming Jane, he is every woman's dream guy - Mr. Darcy - incarnate. Complete with perfectly tousled hair, debonair attitude, and.. the silver bullet.. a cravat.





Yes, a cravat. A cravat! Why? Why? Does he do this on purpose? Does he know what cravats do to me?

I can look at any accessory in the world and feel nothing, but a cravat makes me come undone each time. I don't know why, it is inexplicable. But there you have it.


Of course, all this makes it sound like I am taken by simply his looks. That is not true. The guy can act. Seriously. He's really good. And he came on The Daily Show a few weeks ago, and he's funny too. Plus he's only 29. Of course, he's married.. and, erm, so am I.. but.. erm.. that's negotiable!

...Isn't it?

*sigh*

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do with watching this scene from Becoming Jane over and over again.

If you haven't seen the movie, here's the back-story: Jane Austen (Anne Hathaway) and Tom LeFroy (James McAvoy) have been flirting for the past few weeks, but Tom is leaving tomorrow, and no concrete expression of love has yet been made by either. This is their last evening together, but they're stuck at this ball where Jane is trying to avoid another suitor, but she's hoping she'll see him there.

The anticipation and excitement in the scene is something we've all experienced at some point in our lives: Will he come? Is he here? Will I be able to talk to him? Oh, how do I make sure no one notices? And then.. he appears. It's a delicious, sneaky, amazing moment and the expression on his face is perfect. Seriously. Watch the scene below and tell me if your heart didn't skip a beat at 2:08. Mine definitely did. It does it every time I watch the scene.

*sigh* Perfecto..

No comments:

Post a Comment