"There is a story about the Greek Gods.
They were bored so they invented human beings.
But they were still bored so they invented love.
Then they weren't bored any longer, so they decided to try love for themselves.
Then, finally, they invented laughter.. so they could stand it."
This is a quote from a movie called Feast of Love. I like it. The concept that our existence is the result of callous exercises in creativity is at once incredibly liberating and wildly depressing, but it has an ironic simplicity to it that, somehow, rings true in the soul.
Plus, Morgan Freeman was narrating the lines, so it sounded pretty legit to me. Seriously, there's something in that man's voice that inspires complete confidence. I'd believe him if he said I was a pigeon, reincarnated as a lesbian, trapped in an antelope's body.
Either way, I guess that means that if/when I ever say, "I don't know about 'love' man.. it's all Greek to me..", there may actually be some truth to that statement after all. Ha.
In other news, *SO COMPLETELY PSYCHED* about The Dark Knight coming out this Friday. Probably won't get to see it until Sunday due to various commitments over the weekend, but can barely contain the excitement. Keeping my eyes closed and fingers crossed so that I see no spoilers and can continue to pray that it doesn't disappoint!
July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment