June 3, 2008

It's official. My iPod is dead.

It won't come on. Is giving me the sad face error. Isn't being recognized in iTunes. Won't go into Disk Mode. Can't be restored. And being a first generation mini that would have been three years old in August, is no longer covered by warranty. The original battery died a few months ago and I had replaced it at home, but looks like the old thing has given in, once and for all. It, like all things, has run its course and is now.. dead.

Why? Why does everything always happen at once? Why is it that when your nights are sleepless and your heart is restless; when you're being brave and not giving in; when you're trying to ignore the signs and do the right thing; when you've given up hope and are trying to take comfort in the little things; when the only thing you want to do at 2AM is update your iPod so you can make sure that songs about sadness and pain will accompany you on the morning commute because those are the only things that make you feel better nowadays; why is it that at that very effing minute, your one friend and constant companion deserts you? What's your problem, God? I have enough problems as it is. Did you really have to take my music too?

FUDGE.

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing in a way. Out with the old and in with the new. Go get the Nano, it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I don't want a new one. I've never wanted a new one. Yeah the iPhone and iTouch are sexy but do I really need to be connected all the time? And what's the point of getting a really souped up accessory? I could take lots of pics but I'd have no one to send them to. Actually I don't even know if I'd take lots of pics, my life is pretty uninteresting and mundane. I don't really know people who would want to be connected to me all the time anyway. I know like one person who Twitter's.

    And do I really need the newest thing that feels like a credit card in my pocket and makes the act of listening to music marginally more entertaining? I don't want to be the typical Apple junkie who feels its necessary to constantly be hip and cool and 'with it' with the newest accessory and drop hundreds of dollars upgrading to new technology. The mini was fine for me. It served its purpose - that of helping me listen to music - and made it clear to everyone I wasn't an Apple groupie.

    Aargh. Why did it frickin have to die on me NOW.

    ReplyDelete