June 23, 2008

Hey Papitay!

Mad props to Vish for introducing me to this song from Kismat Konnection. It's on e-volver but how could I not post a Shahid song on here?

It's incredibly catchy. I love the (sax?) hook in the background. I love the vocals. And needless to say, Shahid's dance moves leave one (well, me) salivating as well. It's possible that Vidya Balan is in the video, but I never had a chance to notice.. I was, ahem, otherwise preoccupied.

And I have no idea what the chorus means or what the words are exactly.. but to me it sounds way too much like 'heya pappi, hey papitay' so I have even more reason to lurve this song. (For those of you who don't know, my mIRC nick, email address, and general nickname for most of my cyber-life was Papitay. Don't ask why, long story.)

So now there's another Shahid song, calling my name (remember when Shahid wore a Northwestern sweatshirt in Fool & Final?) and I cannot help but wonder if someone, somewhere is trying to send a sign... *sigh*

Oh well. Enjoy the song. I have a feeling it's gonna be this year's Mauja Hi Mauja.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Its shocking, but then again, knowing us, it isn't that shocking. That is EXACTLY what I thought when I heard the song - the pappi/papitay thing, and that's why I thought of you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's awesome! But yeah, not shocking in the least :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. And actually - its a keyboard voice (muted trumpet, #73 on the Yamaha XG sound kit to be exact) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sax, trumpet.. same difference.. it's a bhopu right? And I'm less surprised that the sound is off a keyboard than hearing that you know the exact number of the sound.. genius! *bows before you*

    ReplyDelete