June 17, 2008

Go Irish

Well, not literally. I could never support Notre Dame.. gasp. Hmm, just to clarify and make sure I don't get sued, let me say: GO CATS! *jumps up and down with purple pom-poms*

But it's an Irish sort of day. Why? Well, I started off the day by drinking in the soundtrack from Once, which I've fallen completely in love with.. not just because of its Irishness and Czechness, but because every single song is a complete story and is just.. magnificent.

To be honest, though, I couldn't take the sadness and emotional investment required to enjoy the songs, so after a while I decided to shift gears and delved deep into 1990's pop music.

That's right - I brought out all the Britney, N*Sync, Hanson, Enrique, Backstreet, Take That, Five, and Boyzone I could find (and, err, I had plenty). I had so much fun re-discovering all the old music that defined my teen years, it turned out to be quite the remedy for a sad heart. I was literally dancing around town in a wonderfully cheerful mood (c'mon, how can you resist Relight My Fire?).

But one song in particular has lodged itself firmly in my head and gets the award for Best Rediscovered Song of the Day.. remember the flash-in-the-pan, teeny-bopper Irish band - B*Witched?



Yep. Now that's what I call blast from the past. I've been listening to this song and skipping around like a merry leprechaun all afternoon. Most fun.

And then of course, tonight is Game 5, Celtics-Lakers, so I wore green today and will be glued to the telly tonight, rooting for the team. Let's go Celtics! *clap clap clap clap clap*

So yeah, it's been an Irish sort of day. I guess all I need now is some lager and potatoes, and the day will be complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment