1) I discovered that Mississauga is Pocky Heaven. Honestly, there are dozens of Asian stores here, and they all carry a million types of Pocky. Yesterday, I went looking for some Chinese massage oil my mom wanted, and encountered more varieties of Pocky than there are toothpaste in most regular stores. There was even a Hello Kitty strawberry version! I bought a couple of boxes (different types) and the whole family is now hooked. In fact, I think they're already all gobbled up and gone. Yum-O.2) My brain woke up. Yup, I spent about 3 hours today brainstorming with my sister on how to brand, position, edit, produce, distribute and run the Faith of Life Network (FLN) magazine, of which we are both editors. Well, I'm sub-editor as of the last issue, in which I also published a piece. These were probably the most professionally productive few hours I've had in a very long time, maybe since leaving Chicago. Made me feel very positive about grad school and having the opportunity to formally train my brain as a marketer and do something *smart*. InshaAllah.
3) Sarwar went to a Faakhir concert yesterday. I'm bummed that I missed it because it was really good.. but at least he got to enjoy himself for an evening :) Personally, I'm looking forward to Summer Beats 2008 at the end of May (Atif Aslam, Kailash Kher AND Amanat Ali Khan!) and the Landon Pigg concert in June. Good times!
Hmm. Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that it's actually rather odd that one person could feel excited about Atif Aslam and Landon Pigg at the same time, considering the two artists are totally on completely opposite ends of the 'cool music' spectrum. Strange eh? Oh well, labels have never worked for me have they? :)

You would have loved the concert - but not much else about the event - wish you had been there :-(
ReplyDeleteHe sang a lot of his songs, obviously - and 'Main Na Manoon Haar' from Awaz - and also this song - said it was his most favorite song ever.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HWxIwdKPWGY
And he did the original Pushto version of 'Zaalim Nazron se' - very cool.