April 10, 2008

Sigh of Relief

Have arrived in Toronto today by myself to attend a friend's wedding, and I'm here through Sunday. Must say, I've never felt more glad to be home. I don't know what I'd do without my sister Nikhat. She's simply the best. I feel like I've been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders these last few weeks, but already feel so much better having spoken to her about everything. Mad props to big sisters (especially when they make creole chicken sandwiches for you without asking and then come by to give them to you as you blog about them! ha!).

Looking forward to seeing friends and celebrating their wedding. My cousins are also coming into town from Rochester, NY and I can't wait to see them and my nephew/nieces. Those kids make me so happy. My dad got me a Wii, too .. excited to go home, plug it in, and play online with all these people!

So grateful for loving family and friends who unconditionally give you love, company and a shoulder to cry on without asking for anything in return. Alhumdolillah.

Ok must go iron clothes and get ready for the nikah. Will try to avoid complete radio silence while I'm here.

xinu out.

No comments:

Post a Comment