April 26, 2008

Quite a Spectacle

So I spent most of today afternoon at various eyeglass stores trying on new frames. Although my goal was to get something in lime-green, was unable to get anything that met my requirements. Still, I've short-listed four.. and I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to pick, so I took some pictures and I'm hoping that my dear readers will help with the decision making process since I value their opinions soooo much :P

So take a look and let me know what you think. Also, please ignore everything in the pictures except the glasses; I'm having a bad skin and hair day today :(

1. Black & Plum (OGI)
Metal frames, black upper rims, no bottom rims. Upper rims are lined with plum, handles are plum too. I like them because they're fairly versatile and the plum gives it a nice edge. But maybe it's a little too boring? And my last two pairs have had a similar shape and half-black look.











2. All Plum
(D&G)
Metal frames, all plum, lenses are smaller than the frame itself (see the sides). Handles have big D&G stamped on them, which is a little bit of a turn off. But I like them 'cos the color is so obvious (vs. #1). Are they too big on my face? Also are somewhat pricey (in mid $300s).












3. Black & Blue (La Font)

Plastic black frames, inside rims are turquoise blue with one streaked line of lime green (can't really be seen in the pic). I'm not a big fan of plastic frames because I have a crooked nose and nose-pads just work better. Also the black tends to take away from the face. But the shape and size were quite perfect, and I do get some blue/green (although my current frames are blue too so it's not that much of a change).












4. Black & Red (Brand Unknown)

Plastic black frames, inside rims are red, as are the handles. Very speed racer-esque! But red was my second choice after lime-green so was happy I found these. I like them because they're just the right amount of black and red. But same problems as above because they're plastic. Plus I think they're a little too big for my face. Not sure.












What do you guys think? I'm planning on going to buy the final pair on Monday so let me know before then!

2 comments:

  1. Black and red bhee! Try something a little different :)
    Black and blue would be the second choice.

    ReplyDelete