February 18, 2008

Happy President's Day!

I have the day off today, so I'm going to take a few minutes to write something down so that I don't forget that I actually have a blog!

So.. Happy Washington's Birthday! Actually I always thought this holiday was in memory of Lincoln's birthday - February 12th. (Why do I know this? C'mon.. anyone who's seen Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure as many times as I have knows this bit of trivia.) But apparently, its for the guy on the quarter, not the penny. Oh well, happy birthday George. [blows a party horn]

Apparently this is the biggest car shopping weekend of the year, since dealers slash prices on the previous year's models to create room for current year models. Have to admit I'm a little sick of seeing car ads on TV, in my Yahoo inbox, in the papers... but I suppose it was perfect timing for the new Knight Rider movie that was aired last night on NBC.

Aah, the much-anticipated Knight Rider movie. I was never a huge KR fan, but I loved the music and do remember enjoying the few episodes I've seen, so I was actually pretty excited. Unfortunately, the new movie - which is also a backdoor pilot - was not very enjoyable. Yes, the new KITT was HOT (although its features seem somewhat limited at this point, strange since the model is an upgrade from Two Thousand to Three Thousand) and the camera was totally making love to the car the whole time (I suppose Ford could use the publicity)... but the acting, story and direction were totally sub-par. The leading couple (the new Mike Knight and Bonnie) are apparently soap stars, which explains the hamming and complete lack of emotive skills. The villains weren't particularly villainous, and Sidney Poitier's daughter played an FBI agent so badly, you wonder if genetic theory is true. She was also, apparently, gay - as seen in a somewhat steamy scene in the beginning of the movie - but that has no relevance to the plot whatsoever and one feels quite pissed at NBC for ruining a family movie by resorting to cheap tricks to maintain a good lead-in for ratings. Anyway, lets see if it comes back for a full series... if anything, the music in the credits will be worth listening to!

Also, last week I finally took my GRE exam on Valentine's Day.. and surprised myself with a not-so bad score of 1300! Now I actually have to do the grad school application which is due at the end of the month. Ugh. I hate application essays. I've been putting them off for weeks and actually I meant to use today to finish them, but it's 4:30pm and I've done nothing. Why? Because.. umm.. I was watching Jab We Met.. umm.. again.

*sigh*

Ok, seriously, this Shahid Kapur thing is getting out of control. Its debilitating my life. If he's not showing up in my dreams, my iPod somewhat manages to make sure his songs come on over and over. If I'm not reading up on gossip about him, I'm watching old episodes of Koffee with Karan (both of which make me want to throttle Kareena). When doing none of these things, I watch Jab We Met and Vivah and rewind/forward to see my favorite scenes over and over.

What do I do? Maybe I should just go to Bombay, stalk him and get it out of my system? I don't know.. I don't think I've been this interested in a Bollywood actor since.. since.. hmm.. I don't think this compares with anyone from before**. So, yeah, basically - I need help.

Help!

*sigh*

So, on that desperate note, I'm off to be somewhat productive. [hums Mauja hi Mauja]

Later all.

**Edit: Upon further consideration, I have concluded that this Shahid mania is perhaps on par with, if not a little bit higher, than my teen obsessions with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kamaal Khan... but clearly its been a while since I've been behaved in such a juvenile fashion :P

3 comments:

  1. Oh god. I clearly remember both those obsessions rather graphically!

    I have been a little off the circuit, haven't I? Shall buzz you soon and we shall catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I admit it is odd... you're perhaps the only person in the world to be that acquainted with both those obsessions! Hehe.. good ol days eh? :)

    Yes! We must catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete