I was reading "C" - a California magazine about how great California is - and in particular, a story about how it could really be called a nation state because of the size of it's economy and it's influence around the world.
All was well.. I was enjoying the pix of Arnold with Tony Blair and the snazzy pic of a fake California passport.. until I read this sentence that left me slack-jawed:
"Hollywood's dream factory dictates which films are enjoyed in almost every non-Muslim place from Moscow to Hong Kong."
On behalf of every Muslim I know, I politely offer the following rebuttal: "WTF???"
Where the hell does this magazine get its balls, I ask? It's a fashion, lifestyle magazine catering to people with Household Incomes $200K+. There's not supposed to be a (bigoted) political stance behind a rag that caters to mindless celebrities looking for the next place to drop a $1,000 on a handbag!
The author could just as well as left out non-Muslim and made the exact same point about the influence of Hollywood, only now I'm pissed and will not finish the article and am tempted to never recommend it to a client for their media plan and make sure they never get any business ever again!
Disgusting, I tell you.
June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Zeenat...very interesting post.
ReplyDeletehere is a story i did very recently..http://www.ibnlive.com/news/are-indian-muslims-being-stereotyped-as-terrorists/44239-3.html