March 1, 2007
Gastrointestinal Nightmare
2/27
Woke up in the middle of the night and began puking like there was no tomorrow. Puking was followed by running to the bathroom every few minutes and slight stomach cramps.
In the morning, went to the hospital where they stuck an IV into me and ran tests, and diagnosed me with a violent, contagious rotavirus i.e. gastroentiritis of the stomach (not as fun sounding as lymphosarcoma of the intestine eh?).
Came home and started getting terrible aches and pains all over my body, culminating in 101.6F fever and accompanying sweats. To top it off, Sarwar began showing the same symptoms (minus the vomiting) so at 4pm both of us were in bed, retired for the rest of the night.
2/28
Puking, fever and aches gone, I thought I was better so I foolishly ate a banana. Clearly my stomach could not handle it because therein followed the WORST stomach cramp I have EVER had in my whole life. It lasted at least 15minutes (ended only thanks to Pepto-Bismol) and I was convinced I was about to die considering I was breaking out in sweats, fainting and could not move any part of my body except scream in pain.
Stayed on liquids and cracker diet for rest of day while tummy made bizarre noises and exhaustion claimed my whole body. This was especially hard since I decided to spend the evening catching up on Idol episodes on TiVo and all they kept showing (or at least all I kept registering) were ads for Pizza Hut, Dominos, Dunkin Donuts and Subway which made me hungrier and more resentful about my Gatorade and cracker dinner.
3/1
Feeling much better today, having slept a fitful 10 hours last night. No aches, pains, or cramps - except maybe hunger rumbles - but am going to stick to the liquid and cracker diet for one more day to avoid anything near yesterday's collapse. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awwwww babe!!!! GET BETTER SOON! :-(
ReplyDeleteThanks Vish, I am feeling better now :)
ReplyDelete