March 26, 2007

Finally, Home.

Well, technically.

After two weeks in Toronto, I'm now back in Boston. Both different types of home, and given the loneliness and quiet of Beantown, I'm currently missing the real one quite a bit.

Achieved many things in the past two weeks.

Finally finished reading Jennifer Weiner's "The Guy Not Taken" collection of short stories, which were all very good but after a while being so deep inside the minds of so many women got kinda boring.

India and Pakistan both got unceremoniously kicked out of the World Cup by nascent teams, amid the scandalous murder of the Pakistani coach Bob Woolmer.

Met up with an old friend from Ibn Seena for brunch after about 9 years. It was great seeing her and catching up on the news, and gossiping about old times.

Wore a sari for the first time. Took me 90 minutes to get it on (and 4 minutes to take it off) and it was somewhat debilitating due to its weight and style but everyone said I carried it off well, so I suppose it wasn't a complete disaster.

And of course, got my sister married off, despite various seemingly unsurmountable obstacles. Feel a great sense of achievement and relief, yet also a strange sense of loss - as though a new chapter has begun, but an old, much-loved one has also ended. Those who know me well would not be surprised - I don't deal well with change - but one can only pray for the strength to adjust and accept what is now reality.

The wedding was, as all weddings are, quite hectic, full of unnecessarily difficult decisions, rows over petty things and multiple dashes to Wal-Mart. But essentially it went off pretty smoothly, much better than I expected. Would like to say that I, as wedding planner, had much to do with it but of course, it was all the grace and mercy of God that made it all that it was.

And now I'm back to my quiet and empty life, but endowed with a renewed sense of vigor and purpose, determind to get my life back on track and go all out to finally get employed.

So excuse me while I go email resumes and cover letters to The Via Group and Beehive Media, and remind myself of why I do NOT suck and WILL get a job in the next 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment