Since I have been reading lots of Harry Potter and watching lots of X-Men, Star Trek, Charmed and Heroes (and am also generally feeling quite useless), I have decided to rank the superpowers I'd like to have, with #1 being the most desirable..
#1 - Orbing: How cool would it be to be able to look at something and will it to land in your pocket or go back home and then have it do that? Sure it's magical shoplifting but I've dreamed of being able to do this my whole life! Umm.. is that weird?
#2 - Mind Reading: Would totally make communication and understanding easier. And I can finally be right about my theories on Sarwar's emotions.. which I'm always wrong about :/
#3 - Memory Alteration: It would be so great to be able to make people forget all the bad things that have happened to them and protect them from that sadness.. as well as the fights they have with me :P
#4 - Persuasion: I'd be able to save so much money bargaining with shopkeepers!! Plus I'd get my way all the time so who needs the Mind Reading and Memory Alteration.. Hmm maybe this should go up on the list...
Ok - enough psychological powers, I'm scaring myself with the amount of control it seems I want over people's minds. Let's dive into more corporeal abilities...
#5 - Flight: Big money and time saver, though doesn't come with airmiles. Imagine being able to get to Dubai without wasting the time, and standing in line for visas!
#6 - Invisibility: People say this is the coward's power - sneaking around behind people's backs, invading privacy and taking unfair advantage of people's ignorance for personal gain... but look how much Harry Potter accomplished because of his Invisibility Cloak! This is for justice people.. not to spy on others..
#7 - Teleportation: Bending the space-time continuum just sounds way cool.
#8 - Super strength/Invincibility: At least you'd feel safe coming home late at night from work. A good perk to have, I think.
#9 - Morphism/Transfiguration: Going through objects, turning into other objects, having chameleon-like properties just sounds like a very fun and creative hobby.
#10 - Premonitions: I'm not sure I want to be able to see the future.. that usually is a bad idea.. so definitely last on the list.
Any thoughts? What kind of power(s) would you like to have?
February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment