October 17, 2006

Again, this morning I thought of something random and said to myself, 'Self, that would make a good blog posting' -- and now it escapes me. This is ridiculous -- I'm going to have to start introducing myself as 'Hi, I'm Zeenat and my mind is like a sieve.'

(Hmm perhaps decline in blogging is directly co-related to fasting. Brain does not seem to be working as sharply as before.)

In other news, Vish was nice enough to send me Citibank-sponsored tix to the sneak peek preview screening of 'Don'! Thanks Vish, mighty kind of you -- although I may not be able to go, it being the end of Ramadan and me trying to get into the Almighty's good books 'n all.

Moving on..

We bought a new vacuum cleaner! Hmm, I am embarassed by my own level of excitement.

We needed a new one since Sarwar hoovered up my sock the last time, hence clogging the system and causing it to emit a terrible smell of burning rubber each time it's turned on. Plus it's blowing out more garbage than it's sucking in, and it's an eyesore given its gross dull green color.

So we spiced it up! Got ourselves a red and purple hoover which apparently can make the same claim as the Dyson because this 'doesn't lose suction' either (did you just hear that in your head in the guy's posh Brit accent?) but didn't take 14,000 prototypes to be made, so clearly whoever invented it knew what he was doing, unlike the Dyson dude.

We also bought new Swiffer dusters AND the Swiffer wipey-thingy for floors. Mmmm.. clean house, here I come.

In case you're wondering why I'm on such a serious disinfecting spree -- the house is full of bugs. Not just your usual infestation of summer houseflies (which have actually died down quite a bit) but I'm talking creepy-crawlies. There are spiders and centipedes and shells of dead somethings that are strewn everywhere, mosquitoes, moths - you name it. They're coming out of the blankets, towels, bathrobes, closets and bookshelves.

One of the aforementioned mosquitoes has made a permanent home in my bedroom and has bitten me raw -- I have un-ending red scratchy bumps on my feet, behind my knees, on my shins, my arms, my throat, and other spots that nobody should have access to, let alone the bugs. Sarwar says it's actually probably an allergic reaction of some kind -- yes, I'm allergic to bugs!

Brr. Okay, now that I've grossed myself out sufficiently I'm going to go and see if there's anything that I can work on to keep myself busy before getting out at 5pm.

Oh yes. Just realized. I haven't updated y'all on the work situation.

So, given the Boston-move scenario, I decided that my last day at Starcom will be Dec 1st. That's about 6 weeks away so I figured that even though the Disney client was going to make us restructure the team, I'd still be able to stick around on the same team for a few weeks before wrapping up.

But noooo, I got chopped off completely in this 'restructure' as did the position of my associate. Blegh, they sucked anyway. We've been making up stuff for the last 6 months so I'm not surprised they axed us.

Anyway, since I'm still here for the next 6 weeks, I'm now working on the Macy's team (no, I haven't heard of any discount/coupon freebies yet).

But since I'm a "temp" manager, I don't get any associates under me or any client contact, and don't work on any of the red-hot-needs-to-get-done-asap-or-else-we're-screwed type of things because it would take too much time to get me up to speed and then have all that energy go to waste.

Instead, I'm apparently helping out with longer-term strategic projects, stuff that no one else has time to think about because they're all too busy keeping things from falling apart.

So far, I've done 1 annoying budget project but I suppose I've only been here 3 days so I should stay hopeful that it will get better. Still, for a person who is used to doing 40 things at once, and doing each of them really well, it's quite depressing to be this unwanted :(

Ok, must go now. Toodlez.

1 comment:

  1. So, the shift to Macy's plus new role of Temp Manager is NEWS to me and we spoke what 24 hours ago? Seive is thy name sistah.

    ReplyDelete