December 3, 2004

10 Simple Rules For Living A Happy Life

I know, I know - sounds rich coming from me, resident queen of whine and thanklessness, but I do know the rules and I do try to follow them. Having Sarwar really helps stay on track, I'm so blessed to have him :)

So here they are, in no particular order:

1. Cherish the little things - whether its a crisp winter, a sad song, or a good piece of toast.

2. Have integrity - if it's niggling in the back of your head, listen to it.

3. Be patient - keep the big picture in mind, keep things in perspective.

4. Always do your best - never feel like you didn't try hard enough.

5. Love - without abandon and fear of disappointment.

6. Forgive what you can't forget - a grudge weighs the spirit down.

7. Crash and burn - no one ever made it without mistakes.

8. Keep it real - don't have unlikely expectations of people or life.

9. Have faith - there's always something better in store.

10. Make a best friend - a person you respect, love and admire can do wonders to your life.

3 comments:

  1. Umm no I see them both.. and thanks for stopping by. Yes, it's hard to let yourself crash and burn but there's no lesson better learned than when you've been burned yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx for the pep talk. I really needed it. I did talk to my brother the day of that posting and since then I feel better. Paresh knows how I feel and we made an attempt this weekend to make this better. Thanx again.

    ReplyDelete