October 14, 2004

Due to many months of bad shoe wearing, I developed blistery-corn type bumps on the pinky toes of both my feet. They weren't like regular corns because they weren't extremely hard but they were definitely big bumps that mutated the look of my pinky toes.

So I got Bandaid's One-Step Corn Remover bands. I put on the medicated strip for a few days and now... the corns have flattened out into round circles of thick soft white skin which doesn't readily peel, tear or scrub off! Now my pinky toes have big white spots on them instead!

I'm quite frustrated since the Remover is a REMOVER. I should have pulled off the strips and the dead skin should have ripped off with it. But noooo, now I'm stuck with snooker balls on my toes and no clue how to get rid of them!

According to WebMD (that veritable treasure trove of all info medical) painful corns (as these have turned into) should definitely be removed. A home remedy is to soak them in hot water and then rub them off with a pumice stone. I tried this in the shower this morning for a couple of seconds but it didn't produce instant results, I was getting late and my hair was in my face so I gave up. I wish I had a bucket to soak my feet in, so I could do it sitting on the couch, but I guess the sink will have to do :/

Orite then, off to fix my feet. Toodlepip.

No comments:

Post a Comment